FAQs for MEDICARE/DVA clients:
1. Do you Bulk Bill?
- Yes - with a current plan/referral from your GP, we BULK-BILL so there will be NO OUT-OF-POCKET costs to you!
- Monique (our Clinical Psychologist) offers Bulk Billing services under a Medicare Mental Health Care Plan or Dept of Veteran Affairs Allied Health Treatment Cycle Referral from your GP, Paediatrician or Psychiatrist.
- While Monique's case load is currently full, we can place you on the waiting/cancellation list and contact you with the earliest available appointment - until a regular appointment is available.
- Please ask your GP to email us a copy of the referral/ plan to [email protected]
2. How many sessions can I have under Medicare?
- Access up to 20 sessions in a calendar year via Medicare with a GP, paediatrician or psychiatrist referral.
- Appointments are approximately 50mins.
3. How do I make a bulk-billed appointment?
- It's super easy!
- See your GP, paediatrician or psychiatrist for a current referral/Mental Health Care Plan or Dept of Veteran Affairs Allied Health Treatment Cycle.
- Email the referral/plan to us at [email protected]
- Email or Text us your Medicare card details, phone number and email address so we can create your file.
- We will be in contact as soon as possible with an available appointment.
- If in doubt, give us a ring.
4. Can I see you without a referral from my GP?
- Yes! However, you will be personally responsible for the full session fee.
FAQs for NDIS clients:
5. Do you see NDIS clients?
- Yes! We offer regular psychological intervention and services to NDIS clients who are Plan Managed or self-managed.
- Monique (our Clinical Psychologist) is booked to capacity.
- Neda (our Provisional Psychologist) currently has availability for an immediate start to therapy!
- Unfortunately, we are not able to provide therapy for NDIA managed clients.
- Please send through your NDIS number, dates and goals so we can book appointments for you!
6. What do I need to do if I want to make an NDIS-funded appointment?
- It's super easy!
- Email us your NDIS plan number, dates and goals.
- Let us know if your NDIS funds are Plan Managed or self-managed. If Plan Managed, please let us know the contact details of your Plan Manager.
- We will contact you with our next available appointment.
- If in doubt, give us a ring!
7. How do you invoice NDIS clients?
- We charge the standard NDIS rate for sessions.
- Invoices are sent directly to the Plan Managers or client (if self-managed).
- Please contact us with your NDIS plan number, goals, and dates so we can organise appointments.
8. Do you offer home visits and/or facility visits for NDIS clients?
- Sorry, we don't.
9. What appointment options do I have?
- Medicare: Fortnightly to monthly | 50min therapy sessions | Face-to-face or via phone/zoom
- NDIS: Weekly or fortnightly | 1-2hr therapy sessions | Face-to-face, via phone/zoom
10. What happens if I'm on the waiting/cancellation list?
- Once we have received a copy of your referral from your GP or your NDIS details, we add you to our waiting/cancellation list.
- When a client cancels their appointment, we will contact you to see if that appointment suits you. We try to give as much notice as possible, however some cancellations happen within 24 hours of the appointment.
- If the appointment day/time suits you, then you can accept the offer.
- If the appointment day/time is not good for you, that is ok! We'll contact you when the next one becomes available!
- In the event, a client who has a regular appointment decides to leave our service, we will contact you to offer you that time/day on a regular basis (usually fortnightly sessions).
11. Where are you located?
- Suite 63b, 3rd Floor Centenary Square, 52-64 Currie St, Nambour, QLD 4560
- Find our elevator foyer/access between Endless Time Café and Wabi Sabi Creations!
- If in doubt, give us a ring!
12. Will I get reminders about my appointments?
- Yes! 3 days prior to your appointment, you will receive a automatically generated text message from us.
- You need to respond to the message with either YES (to confirm) or RESCHEDULE (to cancel or reschedule).
- Appointments cancelled or not confirmed within 24hrs of appointment time will incur the full fee.
13 . Will your fee structure change?
- Our fee structure is reviewed every 6 months and may change. Clients will ALWAYS be informed of any changes prior to any fee variations being implemented.
14. Who can I contact for URGENT SUPPORT?
- Need help now? Call Triple Zero (000) or go to a hospital if you are in immediate danger.
If your need is urgent and cannot wait, we encourage you to seek support through the following:
For Mental Health assistance:
- For children - CYMHS – 07 5409 9111
- Adult Mental Health – 07 5459 6900
Both these numbers, if rung after hours, will provide you with after hours support contacts.
For phone support outside of your appointment time:
(These numbers are given in no particular order of priority):
- Beyond Blue – 1300 22 46 36
- Lifeline – 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline – 1800 551 800
- Parentline – 1300 301 300
- DV Connect – 1800 811 811
- SANE helpline – 1800 187 263
- Diverse Voices – 1800 184 527
- Men’s Line – 1300 789 978